Heavy Equipment/Machine Driver Job Description (16-June-2019)
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Housekeeping and sanitation
Scheduling safety inspections.
Scheduling weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventive maintenance.
Machine Operator top skills & proficiencies:
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Five (5) years’ Heavy vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED with a vocational diploma in Vehicle
· Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Heavy Equipment Operators Driving License.
- ASE type
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security
- Citizenship: Any.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by DEEQA and our customer for deployment to Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a
A competitive all-inclusive remuneration package will be on offer to the selected candidate, with the employer providing full coverage of visa and medical insurance costs.
About our Company’s Operations:
Deeqa Construction and Well Drilling Company, a Somali construction company based in Mogadishu, Somalia where its operations uses variety of delivery methods to meet specific clients’ needs for construction management, design and build projects from various donors particularly with UNSOS/AMISON in Somalia.
DEEQA Construction & Water Well Drilling Co. LTd