TWO LOGISTICS OFFICER’s For Nairobi and Dubai Office’s 19th Aug 2019
(Buying & Shipping Section – Procurement and Logistics)
Sourcing, negotiating and developing buying strategies with suppliers on behalf of the company.
Organizing shipping arrangements and freight forwarding on goods.
Issuing quotation requests from Mogadishu office.
Developing new buying plans and monitoring products and suppliers’ performances.
Co-ordinate the whole buying strategy, from sourcing to acquiring the goods.
Maintain all the Supplier list up to date for Local & International to get quotes at any time.
Providing the Supplier quotation to Mogadishu office for comparison purpose.
Receiving approved Purchase Order from Mogadishu office and purchase the materials as per demand.
Responsible to maintain quality, price checked, and quantity are correct with 100% accuracy.
Purchase the materials based on approved Purchase Order.
Ensure that proper packing list is send and details once materials ready to send to Mogadishu office.
Always check the current prices in market and negotiate with supplier once needed to maintain perfect costing purpose.
Preparing log sheet for approved PO sent from Mogadishu office.
Follow up with vendor to get requested materials on time and send it to final destination once required.
Follow up with consigner to get BL and update Mogadishu office for further action.
Ensure tracking the AW bill until shipment make it to final destination and Mogadishu team notified.
Performing the alternative source once items are not available in Dubai.
Ensure that check the quality and maintain standard brand once Purchase the items as per client demand.
Ensure that all the PO, invoices and delivery note filed into folder and shared drive for future reference.
Coordination with Finance department for releasing the founds for cash purchase materials.
Providing weekly Shipping Tracker to update for inbound and outbound logistics activities.
Always provide quick response and high flexibility to assist.
Entertain emails traffic and phone callings with high quality of customer services.
Take appropriate action once any items are missing, damage or incorrect materials.
Having close coordination with officer in Mogadishu office to update for shipping status.
Attention to details ensure that all invoices and delivery full checked before send any materials to Mogadishu office.
Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
Plan, organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
QA/QC Engineer (6th August 2019)
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager/Engineering Manager, the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer, will work closely with the technical and project support team to provide the necessary technical expertise for the project implementation, ensuring compliance of quality assurance and quality control plans, materials, test procedures, specifications and work methodologies within the Contract Agreement terms, procedures and specifications.
DUTIES and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every task, technical familiarity of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Electrical and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the project site and ensures activities at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Review quality of all materials at the project site and ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality and collaborate with the procurement department for all material to be delivered and maintain a quality of materials.
- Manage all work methods and maintain implementation of all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
- Responsible in the preparation/issuance of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Develop method statement for the project activities including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Assist in the promotion of Quality awareness to all staff to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manual and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Conduct initial survey queries on sources of materials, ensuring quality and compliance with the specifications;
- Assist the Project Engineers with monitoring the work of the Construction Teams and sub-contractors;
- Provide technical advice and assistance to Construction Teams and sub-contractors to ensure that economical and quality materials are purchased;
- Perform other functions as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Well versed in quality improvement techniques, resolving issues, carrying out root cause analysis and non-conformance investigations.
- Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.
- Management experience in establishment, operation and maintenance of quality management system in accordance with ISO Standards with the capability of developing quality system, quality plans, work procedures and inspection plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational), including ability to present sensitive issues/positions and to write reports and technical decisions quantitatively justified;
- Extremely detail oriented, great troubleshooting skills, well organized and time management conscious.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and AutoCAD or ArchiCAD required.
- Experience in managing vendors, suppliers, in source inspection, expediting and receiving inspection.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in construction activities with emphasis on QA/QC related activities such as construction methodologies, materials testing, laboratory testing and a firm understanding of requirements and specifications of testing and materials.
- Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
- Facility management work experience is an advantage.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in the field of Engineering required from a recognized university.
- QA/QC Certifications and/or trainings is a plus.
- Registered/Licensed Engineer (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical)
Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
Heavy Equipment/Machine Driver Job Description (16-June-2019)
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Housekeeping and sanitation
Scheduling safety inspections.
Scheduling weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventive maintenance.
Machine Operator top skills & proficiencies:
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Five (5) years’ Heavy vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED with a vocational diploma in Vehicle
· Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Heavy Equipment Operators Driving License.
- ASE type
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security
- Citizenship: Any.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by DEEQA and our customer for deployment to Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a
A competitive all-inclusive remuneration package will be on offer to the selected candidate, with the employer providing full coverage of visa and medical insurance costs.
About our Company’s Operations:
Deeqa Construction and Well Drilling Company, a Somali construction company based in Mogadishu, Somalia where its operations uses variety of delivery methods to meet specific clients’ needs for construction management, design and build projects from various donors particularly with UNSOS/AMISON in Somalia.
DEEQA Construction & Water Well Drilling Co. LTd