Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Management, the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager, will work closely with the technical and project support team to develop the Quality strategies, policies, processes, standards and systems for the Company and its supply chain to operate within. This may include auditing to ensure compliance with established policies. The incumbent will also provide the necessary technical expertise for the project implementation, ensuring compliance of quality assurance and quality control plans, materials, test procedures, specifications and work methodologies within the Contract Agreement terms, procedures and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure establishment of an effective quality management system in line with the requirements of ISO 9001, management policies and directives and implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Develop the Management Systems strategy and the management arrangements for key milestones, demonstrating solid progress against plan.
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies.
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns.
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits.
- • Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
- • Undertake regular internal and process audits of the QMS
- • Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address non conformities found
- • Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- • Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Coordination, with the respective HODs, the initiatives of the strategic plan and report in management meeting.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Coordination of risk management activities in the company, their integration into the QMS and review of effectiveness of actions taken to address risks.
- Custodianship of quality documents, coordination of changes and ensuring the integrity of the QMS is maintained when changes are made.
- Submit periodic weekly and monthly reports to the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Management, on the performance of the QMS; on opportunities for improvement; on change requirements; on innovations.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the project site and ensures activities at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Review quality of all materials at the project site and ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality and collaborate with the procurement department for all material to be delivered and maintain a quality of materials.
- Manage all work methods and maintain implementation of all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
- Responsible for the preparation/issuance of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Assist in the promotion of Quality awareness to all staff to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manual and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Conduct initial survey queries on sources of materials, ensuring quality and compliance with the specifications;
- Perform other functions as required.
• Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing Quality System team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
• Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
• Motivate and coach the team for operational success
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
• Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the quality strategy
• Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
• Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
• Communicate with personnel at all levels, internally and externally to the Company, in relation to Quality matters
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Well versed in quality improvement techniques, resolving issues, carrying out root cause analysis and non-conformance investigations.
• Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
• Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.
• Management experience in establishment, operation and maintenance of quality management system in accordance with ISO Standards with the capability of developing quality system, quality plans, work procedures and inspection plans.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational), including ability to present sensitive issues/positions and to write reports and technical decisions quantitatively justified;
• Extremely detail oriented, great troubleshooting skills, well organized and time management conscious.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications and AutoCAD or ArchiCAD required.
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in construction activities with emphasis on QA/QC related activities such as construction methodologies, materials testing, laboratory testing and a firm understanding of requirements and specifications of testing and materials.
• Experience in Quality Management System Auditing and managing audit programmes is required.
• Experience in managing vendors, suppliers, in source inspection, expediting and receiving inspection.
• Previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
• Facility management work experience is an advantage.
• A first level university degree with a combination of qualifying experience or equivalent in Engineering (preferably civil Engineering), Business Administration, or related field is required.
• QA/QC Certifications and/or trainings is mandatory for this position.
• Registered/Licensed Engineer (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical) is desirable
Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
Interested candidates should email their \CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job announcement expires at 10:47am on Sunday June 27th, 2021